Sure sign of Spring




This series of 3 photos brought a smile to my face! Thanks Bill for sharing this with readers of Montreal Sailing. Seriously cool (sorry for the pun!). Hoping to get out on a buddy's Laser as soon as it gets to Venture SC. I suspect that opportunity won't be nearly as early as Bill's! Great stuff.


Hi Ralph,
I have been following your blog and noticed that you call the HYC racing seminars a sure sign of spring. Thought I would send along my sign. Sailed Sunday April 5 out of BDYC. The ice went out of our end of the lake Thursday overnight and after a failed attempt to get through the southerly wind driven pack ice in our harbour mouth on Saturday, I made it out Sunday (although I had a rather unconventional start as a gust blew the boat over before I got in). Cold hands but what a rush that first reach was. Great to have the season here again.
Bill Strath
Sailing Master
Baie d'Urfe Yacht Club.

Comments

Popular Posts