This is a time of year full of anticipation, but also impatience. My Shark 24 is a wonderful boat. I can't wait to be out racing on it. However, there is a lot of work to do before that. I have removed all the windows and rails. We frequently took on water last summer, and it cannot be ignored any longer. It is time to get the boat more watertight. I envy everyone who can simply commission spring prep, maintenance, or big jobs and upgrades to our local, able shipwright! I am not a natural do-it-yourselfer. I need to get advice, learn what to do, get the work done without professional contracts. Time constraints and my ignorance mean the work will be far from perfect. Still, it will be my own pain and pleasure. These things are often a good learning process.

I do know that when it goes well it is a satisfying process. It can be another way to get away, and see your project evolve with satisfaction. I do want to join the racing though! Another great season is about getting underway. Meanwhile, it is a statutory holiday, the weather is warm and sunny. I will quietly appreciate the process today. 

Comments

Popular Posts